Sunday 28 February 2021

On it Online

I know I say it all the time, but O M GOSH guys, WHAT A WEEK!

Well, two weeks actually since my last post but I can't help it if I've been too busy to write. So, yes, a lot has been happening in my world recently and I want to tell you all about it.

First up, gigs. Three of them to talk about. 

The first was for my good friend Donna Landy, technically taking place in Weston Super Mare but no doubt actually hosted on a server in China. I opened this little Pride fundraiser with some rollicking tunes and a few perfectly performed puns. The other acts were marvellous too. The Zoom audience numbered two and hid behind switched off cameras but them that like to watch through Facebook more than made up for it and some proper nice funds were raised. MARVELLOUS.

The second show was for the AMAZING Sonia Aste in virtual London and I headlined this one. The Zoom room was packed for this jolly and Sonia kept the energy up with big signs saying things like "applause" on them. Subtlety is for WIMPS! I got my groove on and fired my automatic pun-gun into the lot of them and heard the wonderful sound of slightly clipped distorted laughter in return. WIN! Money raised for charity too on this one. Charity begins at home in lockdown, or at least on your home computer.

The final show was MINE! Yes, yes, YES! Clash of the Tight Tens is BACK people with "trident tested" material from my favourite performers. Ali Woods, Lucien Jack, Alice Frick and David Eagle all belted out winners and the Zoom room cheered. I did a spot of MCing, mainly commenting on the angle people were viewing the show from. 

Was it funny? 

Yes...

...from whichever PERSPECTIVE you looked at it!

Oh dear.

Elsewhere, Annie and I hosted another Bonkers Quiz Night with Donna Landy as our special guest. She did better than the last time she played - scoring exactly 0.5 more points! Andy Onions was on top form as usual and our 90's Cool Britannia music round got people proper nostalgic - even if nostaligia isn't quite what it used to be.

And finally...TikTok! More ticks on the tock for my latest round of Comical Punishment. No green screen on this batch - more like a ropey disco in your local with a fancy lady chucking out the laughs between glasses of house white. Come and follow me, it's a RIGHT LAUGH!

This week coming the gig front is quiet but there's another quiz on Saturday and another Tight Tens the week after. I've also had confirmed my own Glossop Comedy Festival will be back this October. Stay tuned to see who I invite to this very exclusive house party in the top room of my local.

TikTok
Facebook
Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bring Me To Queers - The Podcast

It's competition season and, between all the bingo, comedy shows, and festival show rehearsals, I have landed myself in the finals of ...