Monday 15 February 2021

Shows! Shows! Shows!

Oh wow, wow, WOW. WHAT A WEEK! I know, I start every other one of my blogs like this but, y’know, got to keep the plates spinning if you want to keep dishing out the drama of life.

 

Last week it was all about the socials. The Insta is up, the Facebook is up and the TikTok is now tipping 300 followers like an enthusiastic tourist. 300 followers isn’t that much in TikTok land, many might say, but that Greek bloke only had 300 men and they did pretty well. Well, until the last five minutes anyway. 


This week though it’s all about the LIVE! Yes, well, not live in person obviously but live through the internet. This Friday I’m doing my first FESTIVAL PREVIEW on the Zoom at the invitation of President Obonjo. I know my songs but everything else is on a clipboard for the while. Learning lines is hard. I’m a MUSICIAN not an ACTOR! The only lines I’m any good at are the ones I have to write when I’m stuck marking children’s work. Good effot but clarinet is spelt with an i not a y. Smiley face. (x30) GROAN. Anyway, I’m on for about 40 minutes from 9pm on a link I will send you if you write me an email.

The very next day, Annie and I have got Andy Onions and Donna Landy round our livestream for the latest episode of Angela Bra’s Bonkers Quiz Night. The music round theme is, “Cool Britannia,” and the bonus round features every mug in our house so it’s definitely going to be as AMAZING as ever. You can see the whole thing live on Saturday at 9pm here.

And as if that wasn’t already enough Angela for your weekend, I’m doing a GIG on Sunday night for Weston-Super-Mare Pride. There’s a VERY EXCLUSIVE audience attending in the Zoom room which I can invite you to if you’re very polite or you can just drop in on the live stream at 9pm here.

 

Anything else? Well, I’m please to say I’m HEADLINING a lovely little show hosted by my mate Sonia Aste on Feb 25th at 8pm but I’ll leave the rest of the details to next week. Annie and I are also hosting our own comedy show – Andy Quirk’s Clash of the Tight Tens Online on Feb 26th but that can wait a week as well.

As usual, here are some links for the socials. Subscribe! And read the weird and wonderful comments I get on TikTok in particular!

Facebook

Instagram

TikTok

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Bring Me To Queers - The Podcast

It's competition season and, between all the bingo, comedy shows, and festival show rehearsals, I have landed myself in the finals of ...