Sunday 25 July 2021

How Ludlow Can You Go?

Oh my giddy giggy gosh guys, what a week! 

After another three nights in Buxton with 'At Home With Miss Angela Bra' and 'Disco Divorce Party', Annie and I were buzzing down the country lanes to Ludlow last weekend to play the final day of the Ludlow Fringe Festival. After trial by tractor and caravan we finally made it to this real nice market town and made our way past the half naked youth getting their chests out in the car park to Chang Thai - a Chinese Restaurant with a garden with our name on it.

A garden gig is the right thing when it's so hot you could cook eggs on the tabletops so I cracked on with my solo show to an army of picnic tables and smiley people - many of whom had been stewarding events throughout the festival. I got to know teachers, retired people and willing participants in waving their hands and offering their knowledge of 5-a-day. During my costume change, the prerecorded track featuring Pinot meeowing sent a dog off the deep end but we had a good laugh, all in all it was lovely!

Then after a fifteen minute break to raise my glamour game (and hemline) I was back on stage with Annie Sup for Disco Divorce Party. We had a right nice singalong and theatre experience with a crowd of, now slightly redder, audience members. Many chats and selfies later we went round and round Ludlow's one way system to admire the view until we eventually broke free and headed off to our very posh Premier Inn down the road.

This week we're Bop and Bingoing in Bolton on Friday and then we're off to London for Camden Fringe and, in my case, lots of little gigs around the capital. Hopefully I'll see you southerners there! Full details and ticket links are on the Shows page.

Also, some bloke called Andy Quirk did a podcast interview about me this week. You can listen to it here.

Ta-ra!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bring Me To Queers - The Podcast

It's competition season and, between all the bingo, comedy shows, and festival show rehearsals, I have landed myself in the finals of ...