Monday 6 September 2021

Manche-STAR!

Oh lordy I have travelled SO HARD these past few weeks. Telford, Manchester and Oldham. I really have been living my best life!

So get this. I'm fresh back from Camden Fringe with my best mate Annie-Sup and we're checking the diary and it's like "Telford, 8pm" and we're like "Where's Telford?" And we fiddle with the Google and it's bloomin' MILES AWAY. But we don't care, we're professionals. So we jump in the car and blitz the A roads of destiny until we reach the best looking beer garden in the north-midlands.


The crowd is decent and the staff are LOVELY so we has a proper alcoholic drink and everything with our complimatary ticket and decide that once our show's done we'll watch Stevie Gray do his in the second half so we're definitely 0% when we're back in the buggy. Disco Divorce party makes people rock harder than the cliffs of Dover and every beat is accompanied by my heels a-tap-tapping on the very solid but very hollow wooden stage we're stood on. Like riverdance with proper music.

So that went real nice and it was back to Glossop in the early hours ready for Manchester Fringe the next week. Both my solo show and DDP happened back-to-back the next Wednesday (my humps, my humps, day) and I did mine again on the Thursday too. Was they good? They was AMAZING of course and the review on North West End said, "with plenty of audience participation, including Angela’s own amusing take on musical statues, it all in good fun and you won’t begrudge the hour spent in her company." - which I reckon ain't too bad at all. I also had some good friends come to the shows. Friends are good. Especially when they come to your shows.

After all that it was to Oldham at Tokyo's for Bop & Bingo on a MASSIVE stage in their beer garden with a proper loud PA (I mean speakers, not an assistant with a megaphone.) 80 drunk ladies and a handful of lads bopped and dabbed their way through the night and Annie busted out some wicked moves on the dancefloor. One lad with bad trainers proposed to his girlfriend after eating a pint of marshmallows as part of one of my games. Romance is not dead!

So now what? I'm off to Pride of the Peaks this Saturday in New Mills as part of the town's festival. Show starts at 8pm. It's proper cheap this one, just £5. I am SO NICE! Click Here for the box orifice.

Ta-Ra.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bring Me To Queers - The Podcast

It's competition season and, between all the bingo, comedy shows, and festival show rehearsals, I have landed myself in the finals of ...