Monday 21 December 2020

Christmas Specials, Webcam Warbling and 'Andy Stories

What a week guys! O M GOSH! I have be SOOOO busy that I haven't been able to tell you about it all until now. Who'd have thought that a lockdown Christmas could still have all the to-ing, fro-ing and HO HO HO-ing of any one before it. But it has. Let me explain.

So, last Wednesday I was the SPECIAL GUEST on The Big Gay Comedy Show. Performing live through the web, I opened with Nuclear Cooking Cave and closed the show with All I Want For Christmas Is Spoons (now at nearly 700 views - CLICK AND BE JOLLY!) 

I also got to be the contestant in the quiz where all the other performers sandwiched inbetween my songs told me something about themselves. It turned out though that were mainly a pack of LIARS as only one of them was telling the truth and I had to work out who. If Lucien, the host, had brought more HONEST people on in the first place I wouldn't have got it so badly wrong. Still, a good laugh. Go and watch it on the link I made in the first paragraph.

On the weekend I was back in the studio (once I'd tidied up and pushed the bed into the corner out the way) to do more recording. There were three items on the agenda that I executed with professionalism and decent nail varnish.

Firstly, I recorded the intro for the Bonkers Christmas Cracker variety show that Bonkers Bingo are putting out at 1pm on Christmas Day. It features comedy, singing, poetry (more on that in a minute), DJing and well wishing from a wide assortment of jolly good fellows and fellowesses.

Secondly, I recorded my own festive poem with a 2020 theme. If you'd like to see a true artist in action you can see a special preview of it here HERE. And yes, that really is my super Christmassy front room with copyright-free music tinkling in the background - I can't be expected to do everything, I'm VERY BUSY!

Lastly, I answered a call to arms by my good friend Andy Storey (do you like what I did with the blog title? Yes, very clever I know) who was asking people to make a little video for his Christmas show based on his very successful Anxiety Vlogs on Youtube. I created my own parodic take on the advert he appeared in for Nationwide earlier this year - channelling Iggy and The Stooges for a song about yoga. You'll have to make do with a piccy for the while. I'll let you know when he puts it out.

Whilst I've pre-recorded my pieces for the Christmas Day show (in tribute to everyone's favourite celebrity old person, The Queen) - on Boxing Day at 9pm Annie Sup and I are back in the question-mistress chair for the very LIVE Angela Bra's Bonkers Quiz Night. You'll need a pen, paper and your wits about you to compete with the rest of your bubble, our guests and THE WORLD!

Love to you all. Have a cracking Christmas at a responsible distance.

Oh and SUBSCRIBE TO MY INSTAGRAM!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Bring Me To Queers - The Podcast

It's competition season and, between all the bingo, comedy shows, and festival show rehearsals, I have landed myself in the finals of ...