Sunday 3 January 2021

"Tell us a joke!"

If there's one thing WORSE than slow wi-fi it has to be the phrase in this entry's title. "Oh so you're a comedian?" they say, "go on then, tell us a joke." Well, I've solved the TOTAL DRAMA of being put on the spot ever again this week. You want to know how? Well I guess I'll tell you then...

So last week, inspired by Tony Mortimer from 90's boy band East 17 (who I am WAY TOO YOUNG to remember, but y'know, I know my rock hall of fame) I also read a book. My book was about joke writing though. 

"HOLD YOUR PONIES" I hear you shout, "YOU ALREADY KNOW EVERYTHING THERE IS TO KNOW ABOUT JOKES!" Well thank you very much, I'm flattered. But actually I don't. Remember, I'm a very serious singer / songwriter who some peope happen to think is funny - and who am I to turn down a fan of any sort.  So yes, being the enterprising sort I am I thought I better start writing jokes to put in my set.

Long story slightly shorter than otherwise, I've been crafting jokes and putting them on my socials. This means I'm ready for when some random asks for a cheap laugh (they won't pay for the joke they demand, trust me I've asked before) I'll just give them my FB and Insta addresses and tell them to write "haha" under the ones they like the most. I am such a maverick, just like that fighter pilot in the eighties (A DECADE I'VE LEARNED ABOUT FROM MY OLDER FRIENDS!)

Here's a few so far, they're topical like the cream:

Speaking of the socials, THANK YOU to all of you who have joined my new Facebook Page. It now has TWELVE followers now! The old one has hundreds but FB lost their minds and stopped me sharing my posts from it. No idea why. And after messaging them for months with no reply I don't think they know either. The Instagram is doing even better (mainly because I didn't have to reset it!) and is now in triple figures so do join now whilst it's still exclusive!

The week ahead is a little more chilled than usual. Got to get some rest sometime people. Though next Saturday my quiz night returns at 9pm on Bonkers Bingo's Facebook Page - put it in your diary by joining the event invite here. We've got Nationwide advert star Andy Storey guesting along with other top comedian Stella Graham + our mate Andy Onions. You can watch the last show on Youtube if you can't wait until then.

Ciao for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bring Me To Queers - The Podcast

It's competition season and, between all the bingo, comedy shows, and festival show rehearsals, I have landed myself in the finals of ...