Sunday 30 January 2022

Square West, TikTok and Sold Out Bingo


My oh my oh my, what a busy couple of weeks! 

First up, well done to all my lovely acts who delivered the good as Square West in Glossop earlier this month. Five music acts and five comedians on a Wednesday night, who could ask for more? The audience were well impressed and have swore blind they're coming again in February. And they definitely should, I've got a whole car load of funny people travelling across the border from Wales to entertain. But no, it ain't a clown car with a honk-honk horn. More's the pity. I made me a little video using footage from the night to promote the next one. Click to have a little look!


Elsewhere, Bop & Bingo has confirmed a pile of nights for me to MC in the coming months. A couple of them (Bury and Glossop) sold out in less than 48 hours and many of the others are about to be full up too so if you want a dab, dance and drink get your tickets now - they've also expanded into brunches so you can drink and dance in the daytime too, soundtracked by live performances of Grease and Abba!

In the virtual world I've also been smashing it with a little tribute to naughty tory boy Johnson and his lockdown garden parties. Ignore the poxy views on the youtube - it's the TikTok that has, as usual, really gone potty for my song about the prime minister's pinot predicament. I also did a TikTok Live earlier this week to road test parts of my new Edinburgh show, Life Lessons. In just under two hours I managed about a third of it and otherwise spent the time chatting to all my wonderful viewers - who totalled over 6,000 by the time I finally logged off. I'll be doing that regular I reckon as it's good fun, lots of you watch and I can do it in my lounge!

That said I do loves the live so I'm booking plenty of shows for the coming months. I'll be in London at the start of March. More details soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bring Me To Queers - The Podcast

It's competition season and, between all the bingo, comedy shows, and festival show rehearsals, I have landed myself in the finals of ...